The term ‘KB’ is short for Kissing Balls which are balls made with fresh evergreens every year just in time for the holiday season. Kissing balls are beautiful when hanging outside on your wrap-around porch, by your entrance, doorway, or even inside the home. They are fun to make and last all the way into February when hung outside – the birds enjoy them too. They will pop by to perch on them which is lovely, especially when snow is clinging onto your freshly made beautiful Kissing Ball. Kissing Balls are made in our Holiday Workshop along with Wreaths, Centerpieces, and Other Greenery Inspired Creations!
Workshop Every December
Every December, Container Crazy CT offers an early Kissing Ball and Wreath Making Holiday workshop where attendees make large sized Kissing Balls to take home. In addition to the Kissing Balls, you may elect to make a round or square wreath, long styled candle centerpiece, or cross shaped wreath.
In 2016 – We offered the new horse head profile shaped wreath option too. Often, Cathy T comes up with a new idea to make every season. To register for the workshop, visit www.WORKSHOPSCT.com. Look for the Eventbrite links to the right side of the site.
For 2017 – The date has been set: December 2, 2017 – Saturday. Early registration is recommended. In 2016, this session was full by October! We also offer this workshop during a weeknight on December 6, 2017. For private sessions, please ask.
10 Reasons Why Making Your Own is Best
- Fresh Evergreens – fresh, fresh, fresh – not old, old, old
- Mechanics included – You cannot find the Styrofoam ball used for less than $6 retail and wreath frames are costly too – all is included for your one item of choice.
- Mix of Evergreens – You select the ones you want in your creation – up to 14 varieties of very beautiful evergreens.
- Fun Gathering – The socializing factor, time for you with the ladies, food, festivities!
- Holiday Beverages included – A special themed drink to enjoy, and in 2016 – Pizza will be included. Attendees also contribute light apps as desired.
- No Cleanup – Cathy T does ALL the setup and cleanup – You have ALL the fun
- Early Décor – You put up your decoration to enjoy all month instead of waiting
- No Risk – Cathy T takes all the risk for you – You just show up and enjoy
- Originality – It is made by you with your special touches and you learn all the special tips and techniques. Every year, you will learn something new.
- A floral type item is included every year – last year it was Lemon Leaf! You have to register to find out 2017’s new feature!
To sign up, visit www.WORKSHOPSCT.com
Location of the workshops is the East Windsor section of Broad Brook, Connecticut.
Also, note, any cancellations one week before the workshop are non-refundable since we work with pre-ordered live greens. Cancellations have special policies – You may elect to send an alternate the day of, or use the fee towards another workshop within one year of the workshop date. See WORKSHOPSCT.com for the details.
To see photos of all our workshops, see GALLERY.
Cathy T of Container Crazy CT and Cathy T’s Landscape Design takes custom orders for wreaths, candle centerpieces, kissing balls all month in December. Also, batches of greens may be picked up for purchase if you wish to make something during the month as well.
Looking forward to seeing you,